The legal documents provided online are for your convenience only. In all cases the terms and conditions printed in the relevant sale catalogue and in written contracts for sale take precedence over the terms and conditions set out on this web site.
As we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, this policy sets out the basis on which your personal data will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how it will be treated by us.
Please contact us if you have any enquires concerning our use or storage of data.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided at the time of registration or at the time of posting material or making a bid;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- we may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes although you do not have to respond to them;
- details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of any contract between us;
- details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration. This is data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual. We will not collect information from you other than that provided by your browser in normal use.
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- to store information about your preferences and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests;
- to speed up your searches;
- to recognise you when you return to our site.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser, which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our web site.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have provided you (or where you have chosen) a password, user ID or PIN which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password, user ID or PIN confidential. We ask you not to share a password, user ID or PIN with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. So, whilst we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot ensure the security of your data transmitted to our site. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our web site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service where you choose to do so;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to analyse information about our users in order to identify their potential preferences.
We will not disclose your data to any third party outside our group for the purpose of direct marketing but we may from time to time provide you with information about goods and services which we feel may be of interest to you including those provided by third parties.